Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S5e SM-T720 specifications and features: this is a 10.5” (266.7mm) device with a WQXGA 1600 x 2560 screen resolution. The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 soc with a Dual Core 2.0 GHz & Hexa Core 1.7 GHz configuration. Memory is 4GB, 6GB, with the device offering 64GB, 128GB internal storage and up to 512GB of external memory. The Galaxy Tab S5e features Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor and Hall Sensor. Notable features include Bixby 4 speakers sound by AKG, Dolby Atmos. The device measures 245.0 x 160.0 x 5.5mm and weighs 400g.
Design, display quality: True to the marketing, the Galaxy Tab S5e is an extremely thin tablet. At just 5.5mm thick, it’s thinner than even the thinnest iPad, which is the iPad Pro at 5.9mm thick. This is great if you’re carrying the tablet by itself but helps more when you have the keyboard case attached, as even with the case the whole thing is thinner than most notebooks.
Software experience, performance: The software experience on the Tab S5e, for the most parts, is similar to that of Samsung’s recent smartphones. It comes with the Samsung One UI, which, for all intents and purposes, looks like the phone UI stretched over to the bigger screen. It doesn’t help that that’s how most of the third-party apps look like as well. Android never had a great selection of tablet optimized third-party apps but now that all the developers have entirely given up on the platform you can see more clearly how bad the situation is.
Camera: The Tab S5e does come with a camera on the front and back. Neither are particularly good, which is just as well since you ideally wouldn’t be using them for any serious photography. The back camera is good enough to scan any documents if you ever need to and the front camera is perfectly usable for video calls.
- Design: Aluminum unibody, 245x160x5.5mm, 400g
- Display: 10.5-inch, 2560×1600 Super AMOLED
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670, 2.0GHz octa-core CPU, Adreno 615 GPU
- Memory: 64GB storage with 4GB RAM, 128GB storage with 6GB RAM
- Rear Camera: 13MP f2.0, 4K30 video
- Front Camera: 8MP f2.0, 1080p30 video
- Battery: 7040mAh, supports fast charging
- Connectivity: Optional LTE, dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C 3.1
- Audio: Quad stereo speakers
- Misc: Side fingerprint sensor, face unlock, keyboard connector