Design and 360-degree spin.
We could pretend it’s not there, but it wouldn’t make it magically disappear, so let’s address it. It’s the pill-shaped cutout in the top right corner of the display, an extension to the punch hole style solution to what is perhaps the most pressing issue in the industry – where to fit the selfie cam in the absence of a top bezel. We haven’t heard a single person say they specifically like punch hole selfie cameras, in isolation – at best, people will say a punch hole is a little less objectionable than a full-on iPhone X style notch, but even that opinion isn’t universal
6.4-inch HDR10+ capable Dynamic AMOLED: The smartphones in the Galaxy S10 family are equipped with Samsung’s first Dynamic AMOLED displays. It’s like the Super AMOLEDs of yesteryear, but with an emphasis on HDR – these Galaxies are the first smartphones to support HDR10+ (the ‘+’ is what counts here). But most importantly, these panels are much better now. The S10+ in particular has a 6.4-inch panel with 1440x3040px resolution – QuadHD+, if you’re so inclined, in a 19:9 aspect ratio. Pixel density works out to a plentiful 526ppi.
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 6 front, GG5 back, 157.6×74.1×7.8mm, 175g; Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink color schemes. Ceramic Black and Ceramic White available with… ceramic backs, 198g. IP68 rating for dust and water protection.
- Display: 6.4″ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED, 1,440×3,040px, 19:9 (2.11:1) aspect ratio, 526ppi; HDR10+ support (first).
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 12MP, 1/2.55″ sensor, f/1.5-2.4 aperture, 26mm equiv. focal length (77° FoV), dual pixel PDAF, OIS. Telephoto: 12MP, 1/3.6″ sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 52mm equiv. focal length (45° FoV), PDAF, OIS. Ultra-wide: 16MP, f/2.2 aperture, 12mm equiv. focal length (123° FoV), fixed focus.
- Front camera: Main: 10MP, f/1.9 aperture, 25mm equiv. focal length (80° FoV), dual pixel PDAF. Secondary (depth only): 8MP, f/2.2 aperture, 80° FoV, fixed focus lens.
- Video recording: Rear: up to 4K 2160p@60fps, EIS up to 2160p@30fps, slow-mo up to 1080p@240fps, super slow-mo 720p@960fps for up to 0.4s (12s playback at normal speed); HDR10+ recording. Front: up to 4K 2160p@30fps with EIS.
- OS/Software: Android 9.0 Pie, Samsung One UI.
- Chipset (market dependent): Snapdragon 855 (7nm): octa-core CPU (1×2.8GHz & 3×2.4GHz Kryo Gold & 4×1.7GHz Kryo 485 Silver); Adreno 640 GPU. Exynos 9820 (8nm): octa-core CPU (2×2.7GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MP12 GPU.
- Memory: 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, 8GB RAM with 512GB storage (Ceramic version only), 12GB RAM with 1TB storage (Ceramic version only); microSD card slot (hybrid on the dual SIM versions).
- Battery: 4,100mAh Li-Ion (sealed), 15W wired charging (Adaptive Fast charging, QuickCharge 2.0 compatible), 15W Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, Wireless PowerShare.
- Connectivity: Single-SIM, Dual-SIM available in certain markets (hybrid slot); LTE-A, 7-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.20/13 (2Gbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.
- Misc: Ultrasonic under-display fingerprint sensor; stereo speakers (bottom-firing + earpiece); bundled AKG headphones.