Design and ergonomics: In terms of design, the Galaxy S10 Lite departs from the rest of the S10 family. The back is easily distinguishable due to the camera module design while the front looks a lot like the Galaxy Note10-series with the Infinity-O display design.
Anyway, the build is nothing short of premium. We’ve got the usual glass sandwich chassis but it’s not exactly glass. Samsung calls it Glasstic and it sure does feel like glass but it’s not the real deal. Maybe that’s the reason why it’s so lightweight.
Battery life: Battery life probably makes the best case to opt for the Lite version instead of choosing one of the “real S10s”. Due to its size, the S10 Lite can hold a significantly bigger battery than its siblings and offers a 4,500 mAh unit. Coupled with the 7nm Snapdragon 855 chipset, the S10 Lite performed exceptionally well in our battery tests scoring high on our screen-on and screen-off tests.
Audio quality: We moved on to testing the audio output of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite via its USB-C port. The phone doesn’t have a dedicated 3.5mm audio jack so we used the official Samsung dongle, but if you happen to have a different adapter your experience might vary. When hooked to an active external amplifier the Galaxy S10 Lite was nicely loud and posted excellent scores top to bottom.
Android 10 coupled with in-house One UI 2.0: Compared to the first iteration of One UI, the second version isn’t all that different design-wise. Most of the changes come with Android 10 and are under the hood. For example, now apps will ask your permission to use location on the background or you can limit them to only when using the app in the foreground. Of course, you can also deny them accessing your location as a whole.
- Body: Glass front, plastic back, metal side frame
- Screen: 6.7-inch, 20:9, FHD+ (1080 x 2400px), Super AMOLED Plus
- Rear camera: Primary 48MP, 1/2″ sensor size, 0.8µm pixels, f/2.0 aperture; Ultra wide-angle: 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, 12mm; Macro: 5MP, 1/5.0″ f/2.4; LED flash; 2160p@60fps video recording
- Front camera: 32MP, f/2.2 aperture
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485), Adreno 640 GPU
- Memory: 6/128GB or 8/128GB UFS 2.1; microSD card support;
- OS: Android 10; Samsung One UI 2.0 on top
- Battery: 4,500mAh, 25W/45W USB PD 3.0 charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (4G), Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, USB-C; 3.5mm audio jack
- Misc: Under-display optic fingerprint reader, NFC, no 3.5mm audio jack.