LG’s solution for a foldable phone is rather simple, and bulky, but it has a lot of benefits – the screen on the left is absolutely the same in size, shape, pixel count. You don’t have to worry about a special hinge or screen protector. And you can opt out of it anytime and thus get rid of the bulkiness.
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 6 front and Gorilla Glass 5 rear. 192g. MIL-STD-810G compliant (14 categories of tests); IP68 rated for dust and water resistance.
- Screen: 6.4″ 1080p+ OLED; 19.5:9 aspect ratio with a waterdrop notch, 403ppi; HDR 10 support.
- Camera: Primary: 12MP, 1/2.55″ sensor, 1.4µm pixel size; f/1.8 aperture, 78-degree FOV lens, 25mm equiv. focal length, OIS, dual pixel PDAF. Ultrawide-angle: 13MP, 1/2.8″ sensor, 1.0µm pixel size; f/2.4 aperture, 136-degree FOV lens, 16mm equiv. focal length, fixed focus.
- Selfie cam: 32MP, 1/2.8″sensor, 0.8µm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, 79-degree FOV lens, fixed focus.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855 chipset, octa-core processor (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485), Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 128GB storage; microSD slot.
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with LG UX 9.0.
- Battery: 4,000mAh Lithium Polymer; Quick Charge 3.0/Power Delivery fast charging; Qi fast wireless charging.
- Connectivity: LTE-A, USB Type-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio.
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; Hi-Fi Quad DAC; 3.5mm headphone jack; stereo speakers.
- Dual Screen: Optional snap on secondary display: 6.4″ FullHD+ OLED (same as main one), 165.9×84.6×15.0mm, 134g, no battery.
LG has a habit of protecting its flagships very well, and the G8X is no exception – the phone is IP68 rated and is MIL-STD-810G compliant in 12 categories for shock, temperature, humidity, dust and more. Just like the G8.