The highlights of the G7 are the notched 6.1″ FullVision display with 19.5:9 aspect and bright RGBW matrix, and the latest Snapdragon 845 SoC, of course. LG is keeping the regular+wide dual-camera, which we are fans of, but brings a new selfie snapper.
Design and display: Chassis-wise, the LG G7 Fit is exactly the same measurements of the LG G7 One. It measures 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm but is a little heavier, weighing in at 160g, as opposed to 156g. In the hand, that weight change really is negligible. The screen is populated by the same amount of pixels, too – an impressive 3120 x 1440 are fitted into the 6.1-inch QHD+19.5:9 FullVision display and it looked lovely in our tests. There’s a real vibrancy there that made you forget that you were looking at an LCD display and not OLED.
Camera, power and battery: The cameras are the same as the LG G7 One. As mentioned, the front-facing one is a decent 8MP. For proper snaps that aren’t of the selfie kind, there’s also a 16MP snapper on board. The shots we took were impressive. The unforgiving glare of a convention room may not be the best place to try out the low-light features of the camera but the colors sprung out and LG’s logo gleamed when we took a picture of it on the show floor. Given the screen can go to 1,000 nits, this isn’t surprising.
- IP 68 water-resistant
- Screen: 6.1″ QHD+ FullVision MLCD+ RGBW; 19.5:9 aspect ratio with notch, 564ppi; HDR 10 supported; brightness up to 1000 nits
- Camera: 16MP (f/1.6) primary camera with OIS, Phase detection + Laser autofocus; secondary wide camera with 107-degree FOV, no OIS, fixed focus; Max 2160p @ 60fps video recording for both.
- Selfie cam: 8MP, 90-degree FOV; 1080p @ 30fps recording.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: octa-core CPU (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 128GB storage; microSD slot.
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo with LG UX, Android P update expected
- Battery: 3,000mAH Lithium Polymer (sealed); Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging; WPC&PMA Wireless charging; Qnovo battery tech.
- Connectivity: Single-SIM, Dual-SIM available in certain markets; LTE-A, 3-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio
- Misc: Fingerprint reader; Hi-Fi Quad DAC via 3.5mm headphone jack; 2 mics, Boombox speaker