It may be an entirely different device within, but the exterior of the iPhone 6s is absolutely identical to last year’s iPhone 6. Packing just 4.7 inches of screen estate it is still one of the most compact flagships on the market, but its screen-to-body ratio is rather unimpressive (read too much bezel). Apple has been reluctant to do something about that for years now and things are now getting embarrassing – there are phones with 5+” screens that have the same footprint, while phones with equally sized displays usually come in notably smaller packages.
- 4.7-inch Retina HD display
- 12MP camera and 4K video
- 5MP FaceTime HD camera with Retina Flash
- Touch ID for secure authentication
- A9 chip
- iOS 12 with Group FaceTime, Screen Time and even faster performance4
- Fully unlocked and compatible with any carrier of choice.
- The device does not come with headphones or a SIM card. It does include a charger and charging cable that may be generic, in which case it will be UL or Mfi (Made for iPhone) Certified.
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not noticeable when the device is held at arms length.
- Successfully passed a full diagnostic test which ensures like-new functionality and removal of any prior-user personal information.
- Tested for battery health and guaranteed to have a minimum battery capacity of 80%.
- No microSD slot
- Pricey memory upgrades, 32GB version should be standard for such an expensive phone
- Protruding camera lens makes the phone wobble
- Lacks the optical image stabilization of the iPhone 6s Plus
- NFC functionality limited to Apple Pay
- No wireless charging, an infrared port, or FM radio
- No enhanced resistance to liquids or dust
- No user-replaceable battery.
The back of the iPhone 6s is familiar – mostly aluminum, with two plastic bands covering the antennas and a slightly protruding camera ring. The new 12MP sensor is still protected by a small piece of sapphire glass, so you should worry more about scratching your wooden desk rather than damaging the camera piece.